Pages

Friday, September 16, 2011

Old school GE Tranny repair














After removing the trans from the machine I placed it on my work table. I removed the pulley and base plate being careful not to disturb the large "O" ring which is mounted on the inside of the base plate. If it pops out it is a bitch to replace.
I knocked out the old seal (WH8X281)and cleaned the lip up real good. I applied a thin amount of oil to the seal and gently tapped it into place. If you want you can use a small wood block to prevent damage to the new seal. I added oil to the case half way up. I was also careful to not over tighten them screws. They will strip easy and it will leak so snug it up.

4 comments:

  1. Be sure to add a couple quarts of yer fave motor oil back in there before buttoning her back up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to take picture of oil in there. Oh well next time. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sir,please i need your help i Have westinghouse machine LA495AXW1 it is leaking oil to the floor so i decided to change all the oil seal also i open the transmission to change the bearing, the transmission size i have look like yours. My question to you is how many liter oil i need to fill the tank and can i use the same Oil used for car transmission
    Regards,

    ReplyDelete